1/28/2011

Summer 2008......

These months proved to be rather challenging with Leanna. She quickly went from being afraid of everything, to afraid of NOTHING and knew no strangers. She could not stand it for any of us to talk to each other, it had to be directed at her or she was going to act up and get the attention back on herself. She was wild to take anywhere! She could ruin a night out at a restaurant in a split second - throwing things, spitting food, or chewing on certain foods without swallowing until it dribbled out of her mouth. If we were out and she was told "No" to anything, then she would reach for the nearest person (and those friends or even strangers that she was reaching for thought that she was SO friendly). I knew that it was her way of getting what I had told her "No" to. She could pitch the loudest and longest tantrums that I had ever seen. She would also get so wound up over the slightest activity that it could take hours to calm her down afterwards. She could be mean at times also with hitting and ocassionally even biting.
She learned English very fast and understood anything that was said to her. We could understand most of what she said also with the exception of a few words. One word that she used often that we still do not know what it means, was "a-pea". Sle loved riding her tricycle and playing outside. I continued to sleep with her and she continued to sleep alot but seemed very restless. Her love of food slowed quite a bit and she started demanding to be fed. She also loved folding towels and linens and was very good at it (I thought that maybe she had done this task before). She loved playing with blocks and making tall stacks then knocking them down.

No comments: