We spent the first few minutes after our greeting from her just trying to let any of us hold her but she was having no part of that! She became very shy and reserved so we had to pull out the "big tricks" to win her over. Jeff went with the yogurt covered raisens (which she loved at the time but hates now), and I pulled out a little car that you could pull backwards across the floor, then let go, and it would roll around on it's own. It only took about 30 minutes and she and I were big buddies. We spent about 1 hour in this play area at Cathwel. Leanna and Dad even played chase around the room and she had the most adorable giggle! Penny Wu asked her if she was ready to go home with MaMa and BaBa and she reached for me to pick her up and told them yes. From that moment until about 6 weeks later, if we were not in the hotel room or at home, she screamed if I was not holding her. Occasionally when we were out, I could convince her to walk, but if ANYONE tried to get near her, other than me, she screamed. We returned to Cathwel later in the afternoon to meet with her birthmother and also were able to spend a few minutes with Sister Rosa, who is the most wonderful person that I think that I have ever met. She truly has a heart for the children that are in her care and does her absolute best to see that they are cared for! The rest of the afternoon and evening, we spent in the hotel just playing and getting to know each other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment