
A week ago I got a phone call from Leanna's school asking if I would help the photographer on "Spring picture day" and of course, I was happy to help. Except that this was the first that I knew of "Spring picture day" and Leanna really did not have anything new and springy that I wanted her to wear for school photo's. Therefore, awesome excuse to shop but there really is not a good children's clothing store close by. The closest is about an hour away and I really did not have a free day for shopping. So I dug throught some fabrics that I had bought that were screaming "make some of those really cute ruffled pants out of me", then found a cute, plain, white jacket at W-Mart, and took that to the local embroidery place and had it embellished. I think that it turned out pretty cute and Leanna loved that Mommy had made it special just for her! Now, I wonder what that outfit is going to look like after her art class this afternoon (I think that they are painting today).
1 comment:
I think her outfit turned out adorable! Those little ruffle pants are some of our favorites. I don't have a sewing machine, but every now and then I purchase new material and take them into town and have them made for Allie.
Leanna looks so happy and proud modeling her new outfit. You did a wonderful job throwing that together. Wish I could pull things like that out of my sleeve! Hopefully it survived painting in art class today:)
Post a Comment