The fish that Leanna said she caught but I cast her line, reeled it in, and then took the nasty thing off of the hook. She said that it was her fish because it was on her pole and she watched me do it all. Ok princess, whatever you say!
Jeff's catch for the day.
Will tried really hard, but was unsuccessful at reeling one in.
Both kids got to ride Sunny.
AND, we met this guy......
When we first got to the pond, we all commented on how nice it was going to be to fish from under this really pretty shade tree. Before we ever got to this nice shade tree, this cow took his spot and there was no way I was going to get anywhere near him. I talked at him from a distance, complaining that he was hogging the shady spot. Both kids continued to tell me that I was not being nice to the cow. Then this cow decided he was coming over to check us out. It really bothered me that he was so close to us. I tried to convince everyone that it was time to leave and that we should be inside the comforts of our vehicle. Then crazy cow started licking the rear view mirror which made me even more nervous. When he started tapping the front of the truck with his horns, we decided that it was time to go. So once we were back for the horse ride, we started discussing with the owner, what we needed to do to find someone selling a local farm raised cow to stock our freezer (and save us from buying the nasty stuff that is sold in the grocery stores). We were in luck, this iritating cow is soon to be "processed" and they were looking for someone to buy a portion of the beef. Lucky us! And a nice lesson for said cow - don't stalk anyone or you may end up as dinner!
1 comment:
He's kind of cute!! Don't know if I could eat a cow I just met!
Post a Comment