2/13/2012

February 10 - 12, 2012.......Brrrrrr, it is COLD outside!!!

We have really enjoyed the mild winter this year.  We really like to be outside or on the go.  But when the cold weather blew in this weekend, well we decided to just stay inside.  Leanna was so good at occupying herself for a bit.  Jeff has padded mats that he puts together to work out on.  Leanna put those mats together and built herself a playhouse.  It was so cute and she was really proud of her work!

When she got bored with that, I pulled out the "build a critter" kit that we had bought at a craft store a few weeks back.
Things started out really well and she was very interested in learning to sew and making it herself.  That lasted about 10 minutes.

Then she saw the box, and I could see the wheels turning.  She asked me to take over with the bunny - she had a plan!  What is it with kids and cardboard boxes?
I enticed her back into our bunny project by insisting that she make a wish on the bunny's heart.
 This is her finished project with the box - she cut the back of the box out so that she could put the box on her head and peak through the front.
 Here is the bunny all finished!
We also worked on Valentine cards for her classmates.  This year her (grouchy) teacher has requested that we send the cards with only the "from" completed.  She says that it is easier to pass out that way (which I think really takes the fun out of it - by allowing them to pick the card would have made them read the messages to pick the right message for each friend  - or add a sweet message to the card for their special friends could have been a fun writing assignment).  We were also to limit the amount of treats that we shared (sorry, we didn't follow that instruction and are sharing some chocolate, a sucker, and a pencil) and are taking cookies AND cupcakes for the class.

2 comments:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

She is a very creative and talented princess!!! :)
HUGS

The Higginbotham Family said...

I didn't even know they sold Build A Bear kits, I always learn new something new when I check your blog! That looks like fun. Leanna did a great job!!