5/14/2011

May 13, 2011.....Kindergarten Field Trip

Every year local businesses and the farming community create a one day event called "Farm City" for all of the kindergarten children in the county to visit.  It is a huge production and it was obvious that a lot of work had gone into getting this setup and organized for the children.  The tour of the "farm" started with a hay ride.  Then they took a short bus ride to a local nursery and were shown how to plant flowers and vegetables from seeds.  They saw lots of farm animals and even saw a sheep being sheered.  They had a picnic lunch and the "farmers" brought the kids milk and ice cream.  They got to sit on big tractors and honk the horns and searched for buried treasures hidden in bins of wheat.  The day ended with a petting zoo.









2 comments:

lorabelle said...

What a great idea! It looks like the kids really enjoyed it too:) Leanna really just shines doesn't she? I mean she just seems to have this special energy that pops right out at ya! I know we say this over and over but I'm really getting excited to finally meet you both in August!

Lisa said...

What an amazing local event ~ I absolutely love when others take the time to invest in the lives of kiddos/community!

Do you still just pinch yourself at the marvel that is beautiful Leanna??!! Lora is right...she just pops!

Can't wait to meet you guys this August!!! Hugs!