12/15/2011

Thanksgiving 2011.....and playing catch-up

Leanna's Thanksgiving craft that she made at school.
The only photo that was taken on Thanksgiving Day.  We spent the day with family but forgot to take the camera with us.  Leanna had her dad take this photo before we left because Mom and Leanna matched (we were both wearing brown and she noticed).


We had a Thanksgiving meal at our home on Friday with Nanny and Papaw and Kyle came in from Florida.





On Saturday evening we had dinner at a local Restaurant with a lot of history.  The story told is that a 1920's gangster had the home built for his girlfriend.  The house has sand between each floor (to stop bullets from passing through), secret escape passages, peep holes, and very thick walls.  I took tons of photo's and used one of those photo's for our Christmas card.

2 comments:

lorabelle said...

Talk about playing catch-up! I'm so sorry - I've been out of the loop of blogging for too long and playing catch-up is hard!!!
Love seeing all the lasted photos and changes in the kids.
Will is looking so grown up! How does this happen? Look at that jaw line!!! And I'm always amazed that Leanna can get anymore beautiful, but look at her...She is!!!
I hope the Holidays aren't too hectic and you are able to enjoy the simple joys of life. I've decided to take that route this year and make it a point to relax a little more and stress a little less. These are special times - there ours just as much as anyone elses and we need to engulf and breathe in what we have been blessed with. Please tell Leanna that Allie and I send our love! Miss you both!
Lora

The Higginbotham Family said...

You guys look GREAT in these photos. Retirement agrees with you and Jeff!!